Ides of March: Beware Financial Storm
- Published on Mar 3, 2017
House leadership is keeping their repeal/replace plan for ObamaTAX under lock & key so that only select members can see it in a “reading room”. Sound familiar? Like TPP? Rand Paul and House members have protested but as we approach the mid March, when President Trump indicated he would unveil HIS plan, a perfect storm is brewing in financial markets and the government’s budget. Wall Street has been playing main street on a giant sucker rally, the Fed has indicated that it will likely raise interest rates and the debt ceiling “holiday” that Obama & Boehner crafted will expire on March 15. Any of these could scuttle Trump’s reform or kill the public’s appetite for it.
- The Ides of March (15 March) is the next critical date to watch because:
* FedRes meets and will very likely raise interest rates. Market probability of interest rate increase has hit 90%.
* The US debt ceiling ‘holiday’ will expire on 15 March. Thereafter, if the ceiling is not raise, the US Govt will run out of money.
* Theresa May, PM of UK, has indicated that she will trigger Article 50 for Brexit on this date despite opposition.
* Dutch Elections on 15 March. There is a good chance anti-Europe party will win. See also: BOMBSHELL NEXIT POLL: More than half of Dutch voters now want to LEAVE the European Union
No comments yet.