“America Is On Our Side”: Al-Nusra Commander Tells German Press US Is Arming Jihadists
- “America Is On Our Side”: Al-Nusra Commander Tells German Press US Is Arming Jihadists
by Tyler Durden, http://www.zerohedge.com
In a striking interview with German journalist Jürgen Todenhöfer published today the German press including the prominent newspaper Focus, a militant jihadist commander said that US weapons are being delivered to Jabhat Al-Nusra by governments that Washington supports, adding that American instructors were in Syria to teach how to use the new equipment.
“Yes, the US supports the opposition [in Syria], but not directly. They support the countries that support us. But we are not yet satisfied with this support,” Jabhat al-Nusra unit commander Abu Al Ezz said in an interview with Koelner Stadt-Anzeiger newspaper from the city of Aleppo. According to the commander, the militants should be receiving more “sophisticated weapons” from their backers to succeed against the Syrian government.
For those pressed for time, below is a summary of what the Al-Nusra commander said:
* They are directly supported by the US
* They received tanks and other heavy weaponry via Libya and Turkey
* They got officers and experts from the US, Israel, Turkey inside Aleppo
* The commanders of IS are led by Western intelligence
* They are against cease-fires and aid deliveries
* “The U.S. is on our side”
In the full interview, the commander notes that “The fight is difficult. The regime is strong and gets support from Russia,” the jihadist explained. Al Ezz said that Jabhat Al-Nusra “won battles thanks to TOW rockets. Due to these rockets, we reached a balance with the regime. Our tanks came from Libya via Turkey, joined by the [BM-21] multiple rocket launchers,” he said.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.