- I have warned repeately that the Illuminist endgame is a global currency crisis leading to a One World Currency and Global Central Bank. How do you get the sheeple all over the world to reject their own currencies and accept a One World Currency? By destroying all fiat currencies! The collapse of the USD will be the death knell of all fiat currencies!
6 Reasons Why a Dollar Crisis Is Imminent
The U.S. dollar is sliding dangerously close to a steep cliff — a possible point of no return at which the currency could collapse and America could join the ranks of the world’s banana republics.
For more than thirty years, the U.S. has resisted the restructuring, austerity and market forces required to restore the health, competitiveness and potential of its economy.
Extending a long-running policy of neglect, denial, short-sightedness, political expediency and corruption, for the past two years, the Federal Reserve has tried to prop up the increasingly uncompetitive and defective U.S. economy with what amounts to unprecedented amounts of money printing — still in effect and slated to expand. The government as a whole has increasingly spent beyond its means, doubled down on debt and pushed the limits of inflation risks as it milks the outdated perception of the dollar as a “safe haven” for all it’s worth.
The bill is coming due and the table is being set for the biggest currency crisis ever. Almost all of the key ingredients are in place for a crisis of confidence that will threaten to overwhelm all efforts to contain it — something beyond the magnitude of currency crises that unraveled Mexico in 1994, Asia in 1997, Russia in 1998, and Argentina in 1999. The similarities are now beyond disturbing. What are the key factors?
1) Financial excess: Key measures of financial excess — a U.S. budget deficit at 10% of GDP, overall credit amounting to as much as 350% of GDP, a projected $100 trillion more in entitlement obligations than the federal government can currently cover, and more than $1 trillion in state pension underfunding — are now well into the levels that undermined other countries during currency crises and rendered them insolvent, bankrupt or close to it.
2) Diminishing competitiveness: The gift of hindsight now shows that outside of housing and finance, the U.S. economy was hollowing out over the past 30 years. A withering export base and increasingly lopsided growth (as opposed to broad-based, diversified growth across multiple industries) were telltale signs in Mexico, Russia, Thailand and elsewhere that a country would have trouble paying its bills to creditors abroad.
3) Pre-existing economic pain: A high unemployment rate — roughly 10% and as much as 20% under broader measures — will limit the willingness of policymakers to make the tough choices needed to get the country’s house in order. As they’ve already demonstrated, politicians are more likely to continue trying to limit the pain and take the easy way out in the shortrun — borrowing more and printing more money — instead of taking real steps to demonstrate the country will be able to pay its bills to creditors abroad without devaluing the dollar (in other words, cut back on spending, raise taxes, reform the economy in a way that bolsters export receipts).
4) Heightened political risk: Ahead of the November midterm elections, the U.S. faces a degree of policy uncertainty we haven’t seen since the 1930’s and arguably since the years leading up to the Civil War (maybe even further back, the currency chaos after the Revolutionary War). The two parties are both historically weak and want to take the U.S. economy in radically different directions — Democrats, led by President Obama, toward more government control, greater intervention in the economy and higher taxes and Republicans, increasingly pressured by the Tea Party, toward sharply less government, lower taxes and less intervention in the economy. Unusually critical midterm election this November may set a permanent course or lead to policy paralysis. This is the kind of political uncertainty that formed the backdrop to multiple currency crises, including Mexico’s 1994 crisis, which preceded presidential elections.
5) Rising rates abroad: Real, stronger growth outside the U.S. is prompting central banks in Canada, Australia, Latin America, China and elsewhere to tighten credit, while the Fed loosens, inflates and all but signals it wants to let her rip and weaken the currency. That means growing downward pressure on the U.S. dollar. It was the raising of short-term rates in the U.S. through the late 1990’s that put Mexico, Asia (particularly Thailand) and Russia under pressure to allow their currencies to collapse.
6) Weak and defective financial system: Large numbers of U.S. banks countinue to fail on a monthly basis across the U.S. The federal government recently announced a stealth $30 billion bailout of credit unions highlights lingering problems. It continues to bankroll massive losses at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and has effectively nationalized mortgage finance. We still have inadequate disclosure on the true extent of bad loans — a key wildcard that led to loss of confidence in Asian and other financial crises. We still don’t know the full extent of the black hole. Banking guru Meredith Witney expects a new round of top-line pressure on all the big banks over the coming year.
There you have it: Flagging competitiveness, an inflated exchange rate, chronic deficits, ballooning debt ratios, economic stress, heightened political risk and a defective banking sector. These are the ingredients of a currency meltdown.
Against this backdrop, as we’ve seen in past currency crises, speculators eventually take advantage of a status quo they correctly see as unsustainable. They take short positions and/or hedge by buying gold and other protection. Ultimately, central banks can’t resist reality and the pressure of the market. Two additional factors could soon be in play:
1) Capital flight: From elites, top investment funds and banks. The sharp drop of trading volume on U.S. equity markets, heavy inflows into commodity funds, hedges such as gold and even farmland and outflows into overseas markets funds and ETFs may be early omens. There is also growing evidence of human capital flight from the U.S., as the business climate continues to deteriorate and high-skill individuals seek higher after-tax returns from themselves abroad.
2) Violent conflict: The Chiapas Rebellion in Mexico intensified anxiety of the country’s management in 1994. Current potential flash points include Iran/Israel/The Middle East, North Korea, the South China Sea and China-Japan.
- Although things appear somewhat calm in the financial market, this is not the case. The problems the world face is intractable. Something has got to give. Here are some recent warnings from the real experts and not the propaganda shills:
Ben Davies – The World Monetary Earthquake, The Dash From Cash
… The inevitable conclusion of most countries today is that the best way to extricate themselves from the current mess is to shift effective demand away from imports onto domestically produced goods. The preferred method is competitive currency devaluations. …. Unfortunately this is not possible for all, and leads to friction as countries effectively steal other nations output to bolster their own.
Within a single week 25 nations have deliberately slashed the values of their currencies. Nothing quite comparable with this has ever happened before in the history of the world. This world monetary earthquake will carry many lessons.
The dollar pegs, primarily the Asian renminbi dollar semi-fixed exchange rate, what most refer to as Bretton Woods II, have (arguably) been responsible for the financial friction we observe today. …. The RMB and US dollar are constantly colliding into each other. The clashing of these two tectonic currency plates has just begun to accelerate at an alarming rate. Ironically the move to greater currency flexibility on the part of the RMB against the dollar stands ready to produce the almighty mother of seismic monetary events – the collapse of the fiat currency system.
James Turk – Upside Explosion, The Short Squeeze Is On (Gold And Silver)
“…very positive …. the momentum is starting to build ….. the big money is coming off of the sidelines which is what we expected because it is obvious now that the upside explosion has begun.” “The gold shares, the XAU and the HUI have not confirmed as of yet by making new highs, and that is keeping a lot of people out of this market. I expect the gold indexes to hit new highs this week.”
“The short squeeze is on and the bears are feeling the pressure. As the price continues to rise, then we will eventually see the shorts capitulate. Hang on with strong hands, accept the volatility, because we are going a lot higher.”
John Williams – Dollar Crisis-of-Confidence & Gold
Gold and Dollar Signal Problems. … the continued rally in precious metal prices and renewed weakness in the U.S. dollar appear to be signaling growing global concern of the implications of an actual re-intensification of the downturn in U.S. economic activity.
Particularly destabilizing to the markets are fears of the likely responses of the Federal Reserve and the federal government to forestall systemic collapse through significant debasement of the U.S. dollar.
The current circumstances are of a nature that could trigger further central bank activity — overt or covert — in terms of slamming the price of gold or attempting to prop the value of the U.S. dollar with short-lived actions ranging from direct intervention in the markets to jawboning. As dollar-defensive efforts get more serious, such will signal an intensification of dollar-dumping desires by holders of the U.S. currency, and the rapid nearing of the ultimate crisis-of-confidence in the dollar.
- We are very close to a calamitous collapse in the USD. People in the know have already lost confidence in the USD. The smart money is fleeing. It is only a matter a time before the sheeple wake up. My advice is: buy physical gold and silver!
- When the USD collapses, it will trigger a global currency crisis. Nations around the world will have to decide whether they want their currencies to follow the USD down or not. It is a major problem. Something like 20+ countries (a record) have intervene in the past 4 weeks to weaken their currencies against the USD ie competitive devaluations.
U.S. Dollar Is `One Step Nearer’ to Crisis as Debt Level Climbs, Yu Says
The U.S. dollar is “one step nearer” to a crisis as debt levels in the world’s largest economy increase, said Yu Yongding, a former adviser to China’s central bank. Any appreciation of the dollar is “really temporary” and a devaluation of the currency is inevitable as U.S. debt rises, Yu said in a speech in Singapore today.
“Such a huge amount of debt is terrible,” Yu said. “The situation will be worsening day by day. I think we are one step nearer to a U.S.-dollar crisis.” Yu also said China is worried about the safety of its foreign-exchange reserves including those invested in U.S. Treasuries as the U.S. currency weakens, reiterating his earlier views on the dollar assets. The U.S. will record a $1.3 trillion budget deficit for the fiscal year ending Sept. 30, the Congressional Budget Office said Aug. 19.
The estimated budget deficit for this fiscal year would be equivalent to 9.1 percent of gross domestic product, the CBO said. That would make it the second-largest shortfall in 65 years, exceeded only by the 9.9 percent in 2009.
Reduced U.S. Holdings
China, the biggest foreign investor in U.S. government bonds, cut its holdings by about 10 percent to $846.7 billion in the 12 months ended July, according to the Treasury Department. U.S. Treasuries fail to provide safety or liquidity in managing China’s $2.45 trillion foreign-exchange reserves, Yu said in an e-mail in August. To help cool demand for the securities, China needs to curb the growth of its foreign reserves by intervening less in the currency market, he said.
China should reduce its holdings of U.S.-dollar assets to diversify risks of “sharp depreciation,” Yu said in July. The nation should convert some holdings in U.S. dollars into assets denominated in other currencies, commodities and direct investments overseas, he wrote in a commentary in the China Securities Journal.
The increased convertibility of the yuan will ease pressure on the currency to appreciate, Yu said today at an event organized by Singapore Management University. The yuan has strengthened almost 2 percent against the dollar since June 19, when China’s central bank said it will pursue a more flexible exchange rate. China maintained a peg of 6.83 yuan per dollar from July 2008 to June 2010.
China will independently determine the level of the yuan and the U.S. doesn’t need to vote on the issue this week, Vice Commerce Minister Chen Jian said in Taipei yesterday.
The U.S. House of Representatives is due to vote tomorrow on legislation pressing China to raise the currency’s value amid assertions the yuan is undervalued and gives the Asian nation a trade advantage. The legislation would let companies petition for higher duties on Chinese imports.
“The basic trend is for an appreciation” of the yuan, Yu said in an interview after his speech today. “No one can predict the specific pace of the appreciation. This is difficult to say as it depends on circumstances. We should not be speculators.”
Uncovered: The Whole Truth About The Iraq War! NeoCon Propaganda, Lies And Fabrication of ‘Evidence’!
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Michael Hoggard: Solomon’s Key Revealed, Masonic Secrets, Neo Nephilim Man, Remaking of Man Via Stem Cell Genetic Engineering….
- This is an excellent study on biblical numerology and the secrets behind the FreeMasons. Although, it borders on speculation, it brings up many interesting issues that need to be pondered about. Topics include:
– What is the hidden secret behind FreeMasons. Why are they obssess with rebuilding Solomon’s temple. Your body is the temple of God.
– Is Solomon’s temple really a picture of the inner heart of man, the inner seed of man, its cellular DNA genetics.
– Genesis 6 : The Sons of Gods (Fallen Angels) and their Nehilim children.
– Why are there recurring numbers like 23, 46 (23×2 pairs of DNA)..
– The 4th dimension or spiritual-heavenly realms.
– Return of the Nephilim and their fallen angels parents.
– What do FreeMason symbols mean? What is it pointing to? The man-made hexagram.
– The endtimes plan for Neo Adam. Do the Satanic elite want to remake man using stem cell genetic technology? This will be a combination of fallen angels and man ie: Nephilim, the giants of old. Can neo Adam be saved? Or will he be a totally demonic Satanic servant/creation?
– And many more issues…..
- The Illuminist banksters want to drive the world to their pre-planned New World Order, Global Fascist Luciferian State. What we are seeing now is their engineered economic depression. This will lead to an even bigger economic, financial and monetary collapse and finally to World War 3.
- Their plan calls for a World Currency, Global Central Bank and World Government. The IMF will likely be morphed into the Global Treasury-Finance department. While the BIS will be the Global Central Bank.
- This is not simply about money. The Illuminists view money as simply a form of control for the sheeple. Thus, they enslave the sheeple via massive debts. Essentially, what has happened is the ‘raping’ of the sheeple by the banksters via massive bailouts ie free money to the banksters to be paid by sheeple.
- The role of United States is that of Weimar and Nazi Germany. They intent to use US much like Germany was used to start world war 2. Americans must wake up. The country is being ‘Nazified’, your children are being used as cannon fodder to bring about even more wars. A conflict with China is likely while a greater Middle East war is inevitable. What we are seeing is the coming fourth world empire. The seeds are being sown for The Mystery Babylon Whore, centred around America and the Beast with 10 horns centred around the EU.
- This coming New World Order is an extension and remaking of the Anglo-American hegemony. These Illuminists intend to destroy national sovereignty, customs, languages, rules, laws, economies…. to merge them into this Global Luciferian Police State. The intention is not peace but war: Order Out of Chaos. They will go to the extent of remaking man genetically into a Neo Adam 2.0, the next stage in their human devolution. At the end of this plan, what remains is a master Luciferian ruling class and a serf class, totally microchipped and mind control. This is hard to believe right? We will know soon.
- This is an excellent article by David DeGraw. I encourage all of you to read it in its entirety!
The Road to World War III – The Global Banking Cartel Has One Card Left to Play
I: Economic Imperial Operations
….What we have been experiencing is not the result of an unforeseen economic crash that appeared out of the blue with the collapse of the housing market. It was certainly not brought on by people who bought homes they couldn’t afford. To frame this crisis around a debate on economic theory misses the point entirely. To even blame it on greedy bankers, while essentially accurate, also misses the most vital point.
This crisis is the direct result of a strategic economic attack on the existence of a middle class and democracy worldwide. The stock market and economy have become weapons of mass oppression manipulated by an imperial banking cartel to impose order and exploit the masses. This crisis boldly represents the manifest evolution of the fascist spirit reasserting itself as the dominant ideology.
Any fairytale notions of the United States being a democratic republic built on the rule of law have been utterly dispelled. As a nation we have been bred and conditioned to be dangerously naïve to the darker forces which operate beyond the spotlight of the mainstream media. We have been blinded to what has been developing throughout the world.
The economic imperialism that has now blown-back to the United States and Europe has been evolving for decades and can be directly traced back to the end of World War II, to the birth of the CIA, International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank.
For those of us who have been paying attention to economic imperial operations that have been carried out against countries throughout the world, this looks all too familiar. The IMF and global bankers have conquered the second and third world, and they have now moved on to countries within the first world. Western European and American working classes are in the cross-hairs now.
Economic and societal indicators, along with recent G-20 policy decisions, clearly demonstrate that they are carrying out and escalating systemic economic attacks throughout Europe and the US.
To put it in technical terms, the United States government has been taken over by a financial terrorism network. They have bought off leaders of both the Republican and Democratic parties, and have established a dominant role in all three branches of government and throughout the mainstream media. They have complete control of the economy, stock market, US Treasury, Federal Reserve, World Bank, IMF and global banking system. Free market capitalism has collapsed; it’s now a rigged global market. This is an organized criminal operation, an imperial fascist movement that is determined to destroy our very way of life.
A war has already been launched against us.
In just the past three years we have lost an unprecedented amount of national wealth, trillions upon trillions of our tax dollars have been looted by Wall Street, endless wars, enormous subsidies for the most profitable global corporations and tax cuts for the richest one percent of the population. Never before, in the history of civilization, has a nation been so thoroughly and systematically fleeced. This is all the result of a coordinated economic attack by a global banking cartel against 99 percent of the US population.
Until we can become politically intelligent enough to see this as the reality and root cause of our current crisis, we will not be able to overcome it, our living standards will continue to decline and we will all be sentenced to a slow death in a neo-feudal system built on debt slavery.
The average American is horribly naïve to just how depraved, corrupt and addicted to power this banking cartel is. Through their control and domination of the mass media, they have kept their crimes against humanity out of public consciousness. We have been shielded from the global devastation and death toll that they have already wrought. The result is an unsuspecting population of confused and passive people having their future ripped out from under them, right before their eyes, without any organized defense or resistance.
II: Violence on the Horizon
As the entrenched global banking cartel continues to control domestic political policy, the next phase of this crisis will inevitably feature an escalation into mass violence. As the Army War College stated, the Pentagon is preparing for “violent, strategic dislocation inside the United States” and “widespread civil violence” due to “purposeful domestic resistance.”
To Sum Up
The American and global economy have already been looted and destroyed beyond repair. Most serious economists will admit that governments have already exhausted their capital by bailing out the banks and taking on unprecedented amounts of debt. The bailouts and recent return to high profits were just the final phase of the looting and a further consolidation of wealth on an unprecedented scale. There are still tens of trillions of dollars in debt hidden off-the-books and hundreds of trillions of dollars in dark pools of derivative liability. As the downturn continues, there is nothing left to revive the economy, the reserves and safety nets have already been stretched to their limits.
We have a political and economic system that has been overrun by organized corruption and theft. Along with a mass media system that does not inform the populace and has effectively marginalized and isolated the majority of the population. Meanwhile, bubbling just under the surface is a very heavily armed population with a militia movement that has doubled in size over the past year, and their memberships continue to rapidly grow. Without the necessary general political intelligence or infrastructure to organize an effective mass non-violent movement, we are steamrolling toward spontaneous riots and outbursts of armed insurrection.
In other words, as this economic downturn continues, what is now a passive and confused population will eventually devolve into an explosion of violence. Without a coherent non-violent movement to provide a viable alternative, without an outlet for severe and legitimate grievances that provides any chance for urgently affecting necessary political change, people will resort to violence as a last desperate act of vengeance and frustration. As time passes, these forgotten and isolated people, tens of millions of them, are quickly running out of options, and they will act out just as exploited people throughout the world always have.
IV: Bang the Drums of War
How will this imperial fascist banking cartel respond to revolt? How will they maintain their power over an increasingly radicalized and hostile US population?
In an attempt to stave off organized rebellion, they are already escalating their propaganda efforts in attempts to divide and distract the population. The tactics of their divide and conquer strategy are already on full display. Their mainstream media outlets have drastically increased coverage and focused attention on the rhetoric of division – using divisive issues like immigration, racism, religious bigotry, the “lazy unemployed,” “entitlement welfare” and gay marriage to divide and distract the population and prevent the masses from organizing against their true oppressors.
This propaganda effort is only a temporary measure and will not suffice over the long-term. As the economy continues to collapse, the banking elite risk being overthrown as a result of their own greed. So they will then turn to physical, military-based violence to suppress populations that can no longer be controlled through propaganda and economic coercion.
V:The Chinese Scapegoat: Trade & Currency Wars
As millions of Americans and the majority of the global population look for vengeance on those responsible for severely declining living standards, the global banking cartel are not going to blame themselves, so they will deflect blame to China, a most convenient target.
As a result of the crisis, national currencies are reeling, and the dollar, although currently one of the strongest paper currencies, is losing power as the crisis escalates. The IMF is working to replace the dollar as the world reserve currency and have begun discussing the possibility of making their Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) the new world reserve currency. A plummeting dollar will obviously put the American population in a severely desperate situation and the US-based banking cartel needs an excuse to divert political backlash. In China, the nation poised to replace the US as the preeminent global superpower, they have the perfect scapegoat.
VI: Moves Upon the Grand Chessboard
Based on early maneuvering it is evident that the masters of war have already drawn up sides. You may have missed it, but the US, Israel and the NATO Alliance have already put Iran, Lebanon, Syria, North Korea, Venezuela, Russia and China on notice. And the “withdrawals” from Iraq and the Af-Pak region are over-hyped. The occupation of these countries continues with no end in sight. In fact, they aren’t withdrawing as much as they are repositioning and shifting their forces, preparing for an escalation. In many ways the wars in Iraq and Af-Pak have only been the initial phase of a global attack, positioning forces and building massive military bases in pivotal geo-strategic locations. The operations in this region have essentially been a warm-up for much wider-ranging attacks against much stronger countries. While most of the US population is playing checkers, seeing the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as one-off battles, the global banking cartel is playing chess, using these wars as only initial geo-strategic moves in a grand strategy toward total world domination.
The intensity of military maneuvering presently occurring is alarming. Read through these recent news reports pulled from the AmpedStatus database, all from just the past few weeks, and let me know if you think I’m being extreme in foreseeing World War III: …….
So there we have it. The global Economic Elite have effectively looted and destroyed national economies worldwide, the propaganda system is quickly collapsing, and the masses are beginning to get restless. It’s time to move to the next phase of the attack. Preparations are already underway. We are on the road to World War III.
IX: History Repeats Itself
This may very well be a case of history repeating itself. Not to oversimplify an extremely complex situation, but this is all too similar to the origins of World War II. The looting of the masses by an unaccountable Wall Street elite led to the Great Depression and set the conditions for WWII. Desperate and impoverished populations increasingly supported more and more extreme leaders. The conditions are now so ripe for world war that Noam Chomsky has convincingly compared modern-day America to Weimar Germany prior to the outbreak of WWII. Research the history of pre-war societies and you will see for yourself how our current political environment fits historical precedent like a glove.
After analyzing our current crisis and studying well-established historical precedents, one must conclude that creating a world war is the last card the global bankers have left to play, other than conceding power, and history has taught us that the ruling class never concedes power. Of course the one-tenth of one percent of the global population hoarding our wealth could give back a significant amount of the $39 Trillion they looted from us (not counting what they have hidden in offshore accounts). That would certainly go a long way to fixing the crisis they have caused, but again, the ruling class has never conceded power, no matter how excessive and ill-gotten their gains.
So brace yourself… unless we significantly change our present course, we are on the road to World War III.
- The US economy has not recovered, it is still in the Great Depression 2.0. All the stimulus have done is to give it a temporary fillip. The piper still has to be paid. The method will obviously be QE2.0, the destruction of the dollar.
U.S. Economy “Close to a Destructive Tipping Point,” Glenn Hubbard Says
“America is very close to a destructive tipping point,” co-authors Glenn Hubbard and Peter Navarro warn in their new book Seeds of Destruction. “We must change how we conduct our politics and economics…or we will inevitably go the way of all once-great nations and suffer an irreversible decline.”
Hubbard, dean of Columbia Business School, joined Dan Gross and I to discuss the “major structural imbalances” facing America, chief among them being the government’s profligate spending.
Hubbard, you may recall, was chairman of the President’s Council of Economic Advisers during George W. Bush’s first term. As you might expect, he is a strong advocate of smaller government and lower taxes. But Hubbard and Navarro, a business professor at UC Irvine, are also harshly critical of Bush’s “gross mismanagement” of the fiscal stimulus bequeathed to his administration by President Clinton. Specifically, Hubbard chastises his former boss for the creation of a new unfunded federal mandate, Medicare Part D.
But if Bush was a big spender, President Obama is “taking it to a whole other level,” Hubbard says, citing the familiar critiques of ObamaCare and Financial Reform and “excess government spending” in general.
In short, Hubbard believes Obama inherited a mess but has made it worse with nearly every one of his major policy initiatives and general governing philosophy. “We as a nation cannot resolve what have become deep and systemic structural imbalances in our economy simply by throwing more money and more and more regulations and more and more taxes at the problem,” Hubbard and Navarro write.
- All fiat currencies are on the route towards toilet paper status. Expect more volatility as countries do competitive devaluation to keep their economies afloat. We are already seeing the Chinese and Japanese jostling to keep their currencies weak. More to come. Gold and silver has taken off! Gold is at US$1308/oz and silver US$21.72/oz. Both are signalling calamity ahead. Do not be surprised to see them rocket higher!
World gripped by ‘international currency war’
– Brazilian finance minister Guido Mantega speaks out against devaluations
– Economists fear increasing currency volatility and instability
The world is in the midst of an “international currency war” according to Brazil‘s finance minister as governments force down the value of their currencies to boost their struggling economies. The comments are the first public admission made by a senior policymaker about a practice which has become increasingly widespread since the global economic downturn.
Many countries, notably China, have been deliberately weakening their currencies by selling them on foreign exchanges or keeping interest rates artificially low to make their exports cheaper.
Economists fear that such moves are resulting in increasing currency volatility and instability. Increasing competition among individual countries to devalue also makes it harder to mount a co-ordinated policy response to the economic downturn, particularly amid fears of a renewed slowdown.
The issue is likely to be high on the agenda at the upcoming G20 meeting in November in South Korea. China has resisted pressure from the US to allow the value of its currency, the yuan, to rise. Many countries in Asia, including the host, are reluctant to raise the issue for fear of antagonising China, a major trading partner. Switzerland also began selling Swiss francs on foreign exchanges last year to weaken its currency.
Brazilian finance minister Guido Mantega made his comments in a speech in Sao Paulo last night to Brazilian industrial leaders ahead of presidential elections on Sunday. “We’re in the midst of an international currency war, a general weakening of currency. This threatens us because it takes away our competitiveness,” he said.
Brazil’s economy is booming following economic reform and on the back of rising oil production. Foreign investors have flocked to the country because of high interest rates and new investment opportunities such as the $67bn (£42bn) share offering by state-controlled oil company Petrobras last week. According to investment bank Goldman Sachs, its currency, the real, is the most overvalued major currency in the world.
- The currency war has started. Although the US would like the USD to weaken greatly, a stronger CNY and Yen will send their respective economies into a tailspin. The USD-JPY is once again flirting with the 83.x handle. The Japanese economy is tanking. Many countries have initiated steps to weaken their currencies against the USD. Economic growth is preferred over inflation concerns. How will the US get their economy out of this depression? Weakening the USD is not bearing the results needed as other countries do the same.
- The simple answer is a massive revaluation of the gold price. What the banksters will do is to set the gold price at say: US$5,000/oz from the current US$1,300/oz. Countries all over the world will then follow suit ie devaluing their currencies against gold. This will stoke inflation and cause the sheeple to spend their fiat currencies instead of saving it. We are heading towards a global monetary meltdown. The end result is World Currency, Global Central Bank and World Government. Stewart Thomson:
1. As we move into the gold revaluation phase, the banksters are taking the mask off the recovery puppet. Elmer Fudd Public Investor is about to watch his Green Shoots WienerPlay turn into the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, with Elmer playing lead victim in the horror movie.
2. Some writers are noticing that “China basically owns the USA”. I would modify that statement to, “The banksters are very happy with the progress of their scheme to move the world economic centre from America to China. Just as they were happy with the action on their previous scheme to move the centre of action from the UK to America.
3. Regardless of your take on the fundamentals of the current China-USA relationship, and regardless of the shorter-term hit that appears near at hand for all risk markets, the fact is that the major commodity assets are “must own” assets.
4. As the mask is taken off, and the economy is revealed as a corpse, the public will clamour to be “saved” by any solution the banksters propose, and gold revaluation is at the top of the “QE has failed, what do we do now?” list.
5. The theme all the way through this crisis has been: OTC Derivatives. The sale of the bank prop trading departments are better described as the sale of another OTCD bag of worthless garbage to a new crew of selected bagholders.
6. Over the past month I urged those of you who believed you were somehow “missing out” on the gold “supermove” to look at other assets in the commodity asset space.
12. Gold was “hit” last night, but came right back. This may be the first taste of the coming Gold Volatility Theme. I believe gold volatility will dominated even gold’s price rise, as the dominant theme of the next 12 months.
13. On the comex about 3000 contracts changed hands as my partner gold artist noted this morning that it appears the banksters have a new game in play, called “death of a thousand cuts”.
14. Click here now to view the Gold Volatility Chart. What I want you to notice is the volume on both the hit, and the vertical upmove following that hit. That entire move is a loss-booking exercise for leveraged funds. A bail on the down move of longs coupled with the implementation of new shorts, followed by a bail of those shorts just hours later, coupled with the implementation of new longs to avoid “missing out”.
15. That volatile price action and mindset is irrational. It is irrational thought and action, in size, that produces volatility of price, in size.
16. What is the most important chart in the world right now? In the biggest picture, the gold bullion chart, the thermometer of the economic health of the world, is always the most important chart in the world.
17. But in the here and now, the world’s most important chart, in terms of risk and reward for you, is the GDX Weekly Chart.
18. Click here now to view the “Ultimate Line In The Sand”
19. You are almost all heavily invested in gold stocks, some of you with hundreds of millions on the line. Speaking of lines, note that red line in the sand on the GDX.
20. Here’s where I want you to focus: You. We are at a major crossroad, right here, right now. Anything can happen now. We could blast over that line, igniting the mother of all gold stock buy frenzies.
24. Never in the history of the bull market has it been so important to hold both gold stock core positions and high cash levels. If gold pulls back (and that pullback could come in a death of a thousand cuts drift, not a crash), you must be an aggressive buyer with pre-set buys in place all the way down to the low 30s on the GDX. If we blast thru the red line in the sand here and now, you must not blow out any core positions, because that up blast has huge odds of being only the very start of a mindboggling 3 to 9 month upside super move.