35 States to Feds: Stay in D.C.!
- The secessionist movement is catching on. More states are declaring their sovereignty. WorldNetDaily reports :
A movement to reclaim for states all rights not specifically designated to the federal government in the U.S. Constitution is exploding across the nation, with 35 states already acting or at least considering such proposals – and one state lawmaker estimating the nation as a whole could save $11 trillion in coming years if it would succeed.
WND reported not long ago when the number of states with lawmakers considering such sovereignty efforts reached 20. Now, according to the Tenth Amendment Center, such provisions have been launched in at least 35 states. They all address the Tenth Amendment that says: “powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
South Carolina’s S. 424 is an example. It is titled: “To affirm South Carolina’s sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution over all powers not enumerated and granted to the federal government by the United States Constitution.”
Essentially it’s a reminder that the United States is made up of individual states; it’s not a federal authority broken up into political subdivisions.
Get “Taking America Back,” Joseph Farah’s manifesto for sovereignty, self-reliance and moral renewal
In South Carolina, the proposals remains pending in the state Senate, where Sen. Lee Bright said he still hopes that it will be adopted this year. The proposal there notes specifically that the “federal government was created by the states … to be an agent of the states,” and the states currently “are treated as agents of the federal government,” many times in violation of the Constitution.
Bright told WND the movement is spreading from state to state as fast as lawmakers discover it. Michael Boldin, a spokesman for the Tenth Amendment Center, said his organization has created a posting for all such proposals to be tracked.
Among the states where such proposals at least have been considered are Louisiana, Colorado, Wisconsin, Illinois, West Virginia, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Nevada, Oregon, Alabama, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Idaho, New Mexico, South Dakota, Virginia, Kentucky, Alaska, Indiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, Minnesota, South Carolina, Georgia, Kansas, Texas, New Hampshire, Missouri, Iowa, Montana, Michigan, Arizona, Washington and Oklahoma.
In North Dakota, it passed the House and Senate both in April, with the House a short time later adopting changes made by the Senate. In South Dakota, it was approved by both houses of the Legislature and under that state’s rules does not need the governor’s signature.
Just last week, Rep. M.J. “Manny” Steele, a Republican in South Dakota, wrote that he believes up to $11 trillion is being wasted in the coming years by Washington’s efforts “to duplicate and micromanage our states’ affairs.”
He said states should manage their own affairs and not be dependant on a federal cash cow to make ends meet. Likewise with industries, he said, citing federal cash dumps on the banking, insurance and automobile industries.
After all, he agreed, with enough federal money allocated to the industry, Americans all still could be listening to 8-track tapes in their cars, but would that really be the best outcome?
Steele told WND his dollar estimate was based on what President Obama himself has allocated in the coming years to spend on stimulus packages, industry bailouts and the like. “If we would just let the market take care of these things,” he said.
His letter noted that Alaska, Georgia, Idaho, Missouri, North Dakota, Oklahoma and South Carolina legislatures joined South Dakota’s in passing some statement on the Tenth Amendment this year. The results vary based on state procedures, however. In Oklahoma, the governor vetoed the plan and it was launched on its second trip through the legislature.
“Over the course of decades, there have been increasing federal mandates and acts designed to effectively step in and legislate the affairs of our various states from Washington D.C.,” Steele said. “Federal usurpation into state affairs severely limits the ability of state governments to operate according to their citizens’ wishes.”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Societal and economics observer and commentator with an endtimes, future history perspective, in a satirical way. Follow me at Twitter: socioecohistory
- John Williams: Hyper-Inflation & Complete Demise of Dollar Coming
- Incest Embraced by Liberals as “Sexual Diversity” – “Nothing Wrong With It” Say SJWs
- Emergency Alert: Government Announces Plan to Censor Alt Right Sites
- History of Israel: Stolen Land of Palestine by Jewish Historian Professor Ilan Pappe
- The System Is Set To Crash, All Currency In The Banks Will Disappear: Bix Weir
- Networks Give Jill Stein 12x Coverage for Recount Over Entire Presidential Bid
- Trump Threatens Companies with ‘Retribution’ If They Ship Jobs Overseas
- NATO Ramps Up Anti-Russia Rhetoric
- ABC News Fakes Crime Scene for Story
- Confessions of an Alleged ‘Russian Propagandist’: A Pentagon Hit?
- NUCLEAR WARNING: Atomic Bomb Terror Attack Could Strike ANY COUNTRY, Warns UN Watchdog
- Buying Time for Militants? US Withdraws Aleppo Proposals, Says No Consultations Yet – Lavrov
- ‘The Coming War on China’ John Pilger on His Newest Film
- ‘Fake News’ Vindicated (Again): New WikiLeaks Email Dump Details Erdogan’s Business Ties to ISIS
- #PIZZAGATE: New York Times Features Mixture of Blood And Urine Satanic Rituals – Promotes Pedophilia
- Trump Uses Twitter to Bypass Mainstream Media
- 60 Minutes: Satanic Pedophilia Network Exposed. Children Tortured, Raped and Killed in the Name of Lucifer
- Italy Vote is ‘Harbinger’ of Doom: Deutsche Bank Boss Warns of MORE Turbulence After No Vote
- The First Defection: Republican Elector Writes In NYT Op-Ed Why He Won’t Be Voting For Trump
- CalTech: Curious Tilt of the Sun Traced to Undiscovered Planet X
- Doug Hagmann Breaks Down Pizzagate: Satanism, Pedophilia & The Ruling Elite
- Syrian Rebels Admit They Work With Al-Qaeda
- COVER UP: MSM Claims Organized Pedophilia as Fake News
- ‘Moderate’ Rebels Admit Al-Qaeda Ties as Trump Discusses Ending Support
- TERROR WARNING: ISIS Plots Brutal 2017 SLAUGHTER Across Europe to Spark Apocalypse
9/11 Apartheid Asia Bailout Bankruptcy Bible BRICS China CIA Collapse corruption Crime Currency depopulation Devaluation ethnic_cleansing EU Europe Eurozone Fascism FederalReserve France Fraud Gaza genocide Germany Global_Warming Gold GreatDepression Greece Hyper-inflation Illuminati Iran Iraq Israel Japan Libya Martial_Law Meltdown MIC Middle_East MSM NATO Nazi Nephilim New_World_Order nuclear Obama Occult oil Palestine Police_State propaganda Psyop Riots Russia Satan Saudi_Arabia Silver stock_Market Syria Terrorism Treasury Turkey UFO UK Ukraine UN Unemployment Unrest US Vaccine War weather Zionism
- Revelation 12:1-2September 23rd, 20179 months to go.
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- Flashback 1988: “Get Ready For A World Currency by 2018″ – The Economist Magazine!
- Current Membership List of The Illuminati "Committee of 300"!
- The Secret Meaning of Number 322 Skull and Bones Illuminati Code Revealed !
- The History of the Illuminati ! The 13 Satanic Bloodlines!
- Six Jewish Companies Control 96% of the World’s Media!
- 23 Sept 2017, Rosh Hashanah: Signs in the Heavens, Woman Clothed with the Sun, Moon Under Her Feet And a Crown of 12 Stars on Her Head ! Red Dragon of Revelation?!
- CalTech: Curious Tilt of the Sun Traced to Undiscovered Planet X
Site infoSocio-Economics History Blog
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.