Food Crisis Doomsday Scenario as Prices to Shoot Through the Roof!
- This report by Pravda is correct in asserting that the major price increases in food prices will be due to speculation. Although grains harvests worldwide are affected, the 40-100% price increases do not make sense from a demand and supply economics point of view. Powerful banksters are behind the moves to drive commodity prices up much like how oil price was driven to US$147 a few years back. Keep in mind that using food as a weapon to control world population is part of US foreign policy as stated in the Global 2000 report. Illuminist snakes do want to get rid of a substantial portion of the ‘useless eaters’!
Food Crisis Doomsday Scenario as Prices to Shoot Through the Roof
The worst weather on record coupled with the practice of speculation in the commodities markets are set to send food prices skyrocketing, bringing misery and starvation to large swathes of the world’s population. Are we set to see food riots this winter? In the USA, Walmart has already announced a price hike of 5.8% on average for a 31-item basic basket for this Autumn. The long-term rise, however, is far more frightening, with the UNO predicting an increase of 60 per cent by 2030.
What is happening?
When there is a massive price spike, such as the case in recent years, followed by more price rises (as is the case today) the markets panic and speculative buying sends the prices through the roof. The market economy system is indeed not all about supply and demand but is also, and fundamentally, fuelled by speculative trading, with spot buyers buying future positions of commodities. When they are scarce, and the more so when the market senses that a scarcity exists, the price goes up.
This is what is happening today. September corn is up by 3.6% a bushel, wheat by 34 cents. In July the price of wheat shot up by the highest quantity in the last 50 years: 42 per cent. This in turn will push up prices of pasta, bread and cereals in the near future.
Prices set to rise for 12 to 18 months
Analysts predict upward trends in wheat, corn, soybeans, bean oil and bean meal and the general feeling is a continued rising trend over the next 12 to 18 months. As usual, no mechanisms have been activated to protect the world’s poorer populations from the dramatic effects of supply issues and the resulting speculation in prices.
Global production downturn
Russia reports a drop in production of around 20 per cent due to dry weather conditions. Drought has also affected Ukraine (where maximum production is set to reach just 66% of domestic demand) and Kazakhstan, while floods have affected 13 million acres of cereals in Canada and have wiped out a large part of China’s harvest. Germany’s wheat production is ten to twenty per cent down on 2009; in Argentina dry conditions mean that only 80% of the arable land for cereals has been planted.
The S word: Speculation
In today’s market economy system, what drives the prices is not only supply and demand but also the S word: Speculation, where a handful of players push prices sky high and way beyond the reaches of the pockets of the average consumer. If the system were based upon supply and demand then the price of soybean would be bearish (top-down attack, falling), because the main producers (Brazil, Argentina and the USA), have had a good harvest. Then why is the price of soybean bullish (bottom-up attack, rising)?
Because cash premiums are forcing the soybean futures rates higher as a process of over-consumption of soybean is noticed in the marketplace (soybean is present these days in most foodstuffs and other consumable items). So much so, that the price of soybean would have to rise a further 50 to 80% to curb the current demand. And it makes sense for this to happen…and that is going to affect the price of everything we eat.
Couple this with the rising cost of transportation (crude and natural gas prices are set to rise from September) and we see our comfortable little monetarist-oriented market economy system has engendered another fine crisis looming on the horizon. Watch this space. Vast swathes of the planet are set to go hungry. Those who were previously hungry may starve. It is the Doomsday Scenario and it is upon us. And it is caused not by the lack of supply or scarcity of abundance. It is caused by this manic, inhumane system, the S-word, Speculation.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Societal and economics observer and commentator with an endtimes, future history perspective. Follow me at Twitter: socioecohistory
- Freedom Betrayed: Herbert Hoover’s Secret History of the Second World War and Its Aftermath!
- Eisenhower’s Holocaust: His Slaughter Of 1.7 Million Germans!
- The Korean Atrocity: Forgotten US War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity!
- Planned Parenthood: A Eugenics Death Cult !
- Alex Jones: One Nation Under Criminals!
TagsBailout Bankruptcy China Collapse corruption Crime Currency Devaluation ethnic_cleansing Eurozone Fascism FederalReserve Fraud Gaza genocide Gold GreatDepression Greece Hyper-inflation Illuminati Iran Israel Martial_Law Meltdown Middle_East NATO New_World_Order Obama oil Palestine Police_State propaganda Psyop Riots Russia Satan Silver Syria Terrorism Treasury Unemployment Unrest US War Zionism
- Current Membership List of The Illuminati "Committee of 300"!
- The History of the Illuminati ! The 13 Satanic Bloodlines!
- Eye Of The Phoenix : Secrets Of The Dollar Bill ! The Luciferian '666' Attack On America!
- Inventor of ADHD'S DeathBed Confession: "ADHD is a Fictitious Disease"! The Short History of the Rockeller Medical Monopoly!
- The Illuminati Council of 13 aka Grand Druid Council !
- Bill Holter: The Endgame of a Global Currency Collapse, Reboot, Revaluation of Assets & New World Financial System is Being Discussed ! When will They Pull the Trigger?
- Khazar Empire, Illuminati and New World Order