“You shall neither mistreat a stranger nor oppress him, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
“Also you shall not oppress a stranger, for you know the heart of a stranger, because you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
‘And if a stranger dwells with you in your land, you shall not mistreat him.’
The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
‘When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field when you reap, nor shall you gather any gleaning from your harvest. You shall leave them for the poor and for the stranger: I am the LORD your God.’”
You shall have the same law for the stranger and for one from your own country; for I am the LORD your God.’”
Florida Gulf Oil Spill: Plans to Evacuate Tampa Bay Are Put Into Place …Update: Pensacola Beach Closed !
- Massive dislocation is beginning. Major evacuation of Gulf Coast residents is just a matter of when. Some reports say as many as 40 million people may be affected. Where are we going to house so many people? In FEMA concentration camps?
Gulf Oil Spill 2010: Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area are in place.
As FEMA and other government agencies prepare for what is now being called the worst oil spill disaster in history, plans to evacuate the Tampa Bay area are in place. The plans would be announced in the event of a controlled burn of surface oil in the Gulf of Mexico, or if wind or other conditions are expected to take toxic fumes through Tampa Bay.
This practice has been used by the US Forestry service, when fire and smoke threaten the health and well being of people. The elderly and those with respiratory problems would be more susceptible to health risks, in the event of a controlled burn. Estimates of the rate of BP’s Deepwater Horizon oil spill have varied. Independent scientists now suggest that the true spill rate, before the riser pipe was cut off in June, was between 20,000 and 50,000 barrels a day.
Since the April 20th explosion, which resulted in the sinking of the Deepwater Horizon rig, there have been more than a million gallons of chemicals poured into the Gulf of Mexico in efforts to break up the spill. The chemicals have come under scrutiny because of their own toxic nature.
It is not certain if the massive slick will have to be set on fire near Tampa Bay, but the possibility has not been ruled out. BP has been using controlled burns as a way to contain the oil spill since the crisis began. Plans to do additional controlled burns around the well site were announced by Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen at a briefing in early June.
- Gold is the least risk investment of choice now! It is money and has been so for 5000+ years! Profligate governments printing /electronically creating, trillions of dollars out of thin air will debase all currencies!
GoldWatch: Why Many Respected Analysts See Gold Going Up to $10,000
Arnold Bock recently wrote an article on this site suggesting that gold would go to $10,000 by 2012 giving a host of sound reasons why that would be the case. It took the internet by storm with extremely high readership. My first reaction was “Who in their right mind would even suggest that gold will eventually reach $2,500, let alone $5,000 or even $10,000?” Well, believe it or not, Bock is not the first respected mind to come to the same conclusion. Actually, the list is rather long so in this article I will relate the reasons why just 10 such analysts hold these views.
As President & Chief Global Strategist of Euro Pacific Capital, Schiff correctly called the current bear market before it began. As a result of his accurate forecasts on the U.S. stock market, economy, real estate, the mortgage meltdown, credit crunch, subprime debacle, commodities, gold and the dollar, he is becoming increasingly more renowned.
He recently was reported in Business Week as saying that “People are afraid of the debasement of all the currencies. What’s surprising is that gold is still as low as it is … Gold could reach $5,000 to $10,000 per ounce in the next 5 to 10 years.”
Rosenberg, the former Merrill Lynch North American Economist and current Chief Economist and Strategist for Gluskin Sheff, an independent investment firm for high net worth individuals, believes that “$3000 an ounce on gold may yet prove to be a conservative forecast.” He went on to say:
– “if the gold price to world GDP ratio were to ever scale up to the peak three decades ago, it would imply an ultimate peak of $5,300 an ounce.
– if the relationship between gold and the M3 money measure where to revert to the 1990 high, gold would move to $5,700 an ounce.
– if gold were merely put on the same footing as the CPI, and head back to the previous peaks in this ratio, it would suggest $2,300 as the peak in gold — only a double from here.
– if the gold price-M1 ratio is one that should be considered gold would go to $3,100 per ounce under the proviso that prior highs get re-established.”
Alf Field has been called the “world’s best gold analyst.” He is best known for his many spot-on predictions in the precious metals market and these are some of his determinations regarding the future price of gold;
- “In the 1970’s bull market, gold increased from a low of $35 to a peak of $850, a massive 24.3 times the low price. If the current bull market was to be of the same order, then one could project an ultimate peak of $6,221 (gold’s low price in the current cycle of $256 x 24.3).
– Field outlined in an article back in August 2003 his conviction, as repeated in his concluding November 2008 article on the subject of Elliott Wave and the gold price “that the world, and especially the USA, was heading for a major financial crisis that would be so powerful that it would overwhelm all other factors [which] I referred to as the ‘Big Kahuna’ crisis. I anticipated that the Big Kahuna would give rise to the risk of a systemic meltdown, which would result in the authorities ‘throwing money at problems’, bailing out all the banks and large corporations that got into trouble. This would lead to the [eventual] destruction of the currency…The consequence of the systemic meltdown would be a vast increase in newly created money which would result in a massive rise in the price of gold” culminating in a “Major FIVE…to $10,000” [which] “can really only be possible in a runaway inflationary environment, something which many thinking people are suggesting has become a possibility as a result of the actions taken during the recent crisis.” [Indeed,] “the odds strongly favour an inflationary outcome. Given a strong will and the ability to create any amount of new money via the electronic money machine, it seems a foregone conclusion that runaway inflation will be the end result. If Mugabe could do it in Zimbabwe, there seems little doubt that Ben Bernanke and his associates in other countries will have no trouble in doing it too.”
…. click here to continue reading!
- Are things getting better? The massive trillion dollars stimulus and bailouts are wearing out. We are heading towards economic calamity!
Deutsche Bank: U.S. Financial Conditions Just Collapsed Back To Crisis Levels
Deutsche Bank has a new and improved index of U.S. financial conditions, and this index just slumped back towards the lows of our recent crisis. Deutsche Bank’s Peter Hooper:
Financial conditions appear to have worsened substantially in recent quarters based on our update of the broad index of US financial variables presented earlier this year at the US Monetary Policy Forum. In the wake of recent developments in Europe, increased stress in financial markets has pushed that index halfway back to its immediate post- Lehman crisis lows.
Deutsche believes this is a red flag for the economy, and explains why we should expect ultra-low interest rates from the Federal Reserve to continue for quite some time.
The worsening of financial conditions increases negative risks for economic prospects going forward and tends to delay the expected timing of Fed rate hikes. We will consider in more detail next week the implications for economic activity of the recent tightening of financial conditions.
- When hurricanes strike the Gulf of Mexico, great amount of oil, methane, benzene, hydrogen sulphide and neurotoxic dispersant Corexit will be spread throughout the Gulf states and inland. It will spread throughout the world via the jet stream!
MP George Galloway: ‘What Has Iran Ever Done To Us? Iran Has Not Invaded Another Country For More Than 300 Years!’
- All the signs are there of a coming World War 3. The Illuminist propaganda is going into full swing. All the lies to invade Iraq are now repeated ad nauseam for invading Iran. Black is now white, evil is good, genocidal maniacs are now righteous defenders, war mongers are given Nobel peace prize…. The sheeple, unfortunately, are pretty much deceived and asleep!
- Why isn’t Obama taking more actions to warn and evacuate the public? This is just another deliberate incompetence. The Illuminists worship death. They have this great need to cause more deaths. This is just another blood sacrifice to fallen trans-dimensional demonic beings. The Illuminati plans to destroy America.
(Reuters) - As much as 1 million times the normal level of methane gas has been found in some regions near the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, enough to potentially deplete oxygen and create a dead zone, U.S. scientists said on Tuesday.
Texas A&M University oceanography professor John Kessler, just back from a 10-day research expedition near the BP Plc oil spill in the gulf, says methane gas levels in some areas are “astonishingly high.” Kessler’s crew took measurements of both surface and deep water within a 5-mile (8 kilometer) radius of BP’s broken wellhead.
“There is an incredible amount of methane in there,” Kessler told reporters in a telephone briefing. In some areas, the crew of 12 scientists found concentrations that were 100,000 times higher than normal. “We saw them approach a million times above background concentrations” in some areas, Kessler said. The scientists were looking for signs that the methane gas had depleted levels of oxygen dissolved in the water needed to sustain marine life.
“At some locations, we saw depletions of up to 30 percent of oxygen based on its natural concentration in the waters. At other places, we saw no depletion of oxygen in the waters. We need to determine why that is,” he told the briefing. Methane occurs naturally in sea water, but high concentrations can encourage the growth of microbes that gobble up oxygen needed by marine life.
Kessler said oxygen depletions have not reached a critical level yet, but the oil is still spilling into the Gulf, now at a rate of as much as 60,000 barrels a day, according to U.S. government estimates. “What is it going to look like two months down the road, six months down the road, two years down the road?” he asked. Methane, a natural gas, dissolves in seawater and some scientists think measuring methane could give a more accurate picture of the extent of the oil spill.
Kessler said his team has taken those measurements, and is hoping to have an estimate soon. “Give us about a week and we should have some preliminary numbers on that,” he said.