Death Toll Still Rising in Ukraine’s Flu Outbreak ! 95 Dead & 633,877 Infected. Flu Fears Spread From Ukraine To Afghanistan !
- Situation is still not improving. Reports suggest that this flu started in late October ie last week! I noticed reports appearing of 30,000 infected and 30 dead last Thursday and now there is a 20 fold increase in reported infection within 1 week! Situation on the ground appears hazy. Could this really spread 20x in 1 week or is it just low reported figures last week? Last week unconfirmed reports were coming in of a mortality rate of 1% before official government reports brought it much lower. 1% mortality rate is scary. The Spanish flu mortality rate was 2-3%!
- There is no doubt about its seriousness and the death via hemorrhagic pneumonia is too similar to the 1918 Spanish flu not to be concerned. I still doubt that this is the A/H1N1 swine flu. It does not have a high mortality rate and there are usually underlying health conditions ie other sicknesses, that caused death. So far there are no indications of underlying health conditions in the deaths reported. Something else is happening. Some strange bio-engineered mutation or the release of a new virus. The MSM is strangely quiet on Ukraine too!
Kiev – The death toll in Ukraine’s flu outbreak continued to rise on Thursday. A total of 95 persons have died from flu-related symptoms since the disease struck Ukraine’s western provinces late last month, said Zinovy Mytnik, vice health minister, in comments reported by the Interfax news agency. A total of 633,877 Ukrainians nationwide have registered with health authorities as suffering from the flu, though some have recovered since the disease’s late October outbreak, Mytnik said.
Ukraine’s Ministry of Health on Wednesday gave a total of currently infected at some 470,000. The particularly virulent A/H1N1 flu strain, or swine flu, was likely responsible for a significant proportion of the infections, based on laboratory testing thus far, Mytnik said, speaking at a Kiev press conference. Since the beginning of the flu outbreak, Ukraine’s Health Ministry had sent 31 samples from persons infected with flu to a British laboratory to be checked for the presence of swine flu, of which 15 tested positive.
A former Soviet republic, Ukraine lacks a modern public health infrastructure and, since the beginning of the flu outbreak in late October, has seen severe shortages of even simple medical supplies such as protective masks and flu remedies.No Ukrainian laboratory is capable of testing for the presence of swine flu, Mytnik said.
International medical assistance continued arriving in Ukraine on Thursday, with European Union nations taking the lead. Top contributors were Slovakia, Austria, Hungary and Poland – the last being the first country to respond to a Ukrainian October 31 appeal for foreign aid, according to an Intefax report. EU-donated medical supplies en route or already in Ukraine included protective masks, respiration equipment and surgical gloves. Emergency shipments of the swine flu treatment Tamiflu, produced in Switzerland, first began arriving by cargo plane to Ukraine on Sunday.
Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, on a visit to the western city of Chernovtsy, near the epicentre of the flu outbreak, said government efforts to control the flu’s spread were working. ’There is no need to to invoke a national emergency,’ she said, according to a Korrespondent website report.
Tymoshenko’s government has attempted to control the flu outbreak with the imposition of a partial quarantine of eight western provinces most badly hit by the disease, a military-style mobilization of state-owned fabric and clothes factories to mass-produce protective masks, and limits to allowable public gatherings.
Flu Fears Spread From Ukraine To Afghanistan
Concerns over swine flu are sweeping countries from Ukraine to Afghanistan as governments scramble to deal with reported outbreaks of the disease.
In parts of Russia, local authorities have introduced a so-called “mask regime” to prevent the spread of flu. RFE/RL’s Russian Service reports that in the Khabarovsk region in Russia’s Far East, all theater and cinema visitors are obliged to wear surgical masks. So are workers at shop counters and public transportation employees.
The same regulation was introduced in Russia’s Baikal region – Zabaikalye – with a fine of 500 rubles ($17) for anyone caught ignoring the rules. The first death caused by the H1N1 virus was reported in Belarus today. Officials say forensic tests confirmed the presence of the virus in a 37-year-old woman from the city of Drahchyn, who died last week after she returned from Ukraine.
In Turkmenistan, the government has said nothing officially about a flu outbreak. But in the capital and the regions, individual doctors are reporting cases of ordinary and swine flu with widely varying numbers of incidents and fatalities. The official silence is heightening public fears. In the Balkans, some countries report numerous swine flu infections, others almost none. Serbia, with 169 confirmed cases and two fatalities, has extended the autumn school vacation in hopes of curbing the spread of the disease.
“This morning [November 3], I made the decision after consultation with epidemiologists and the Ministry of Health,” Serbian Minister of Education Zarko Obradovic said on November 3, “to extend the autumn break in schools so that the kids do not come back to school before next Wednesday [November 11] because the incubation time of the virus lasts five to seven days. “So the best thing is to keep kids at home so that we stop its spread.”
Of the confirmed cases in Serbia, the last 35 have been among school-age children. Demand for gauze masks have soared among popular belief that they can help prevent infection. One factory, in Gornji Milanovac, is making some 60,000 masks a day by working around-the-clock and already has advance orders for all its production through the end of this year.
However, in neighboring Montenegro, the government has reported no cases of swine flu. Opposition members have asked the parliament to open a debate to determine whether this reflects the reality of the health situation in the country. In Bosnia, two to three cases of swine flu have been reported.
Iranian Schools Closed
Much farther east, Iran’s health officials are also warning the public of the need for additional precautions amid reports of a worsening flu situation. The Mehr news agency quotes Majlis Health Commission spokesman Mohammadreza Rezaei Kuchi as saying that 3,000 Iranian citizens have been infected with the H1N1 flu across the country. He said 28 have died of the disease. Some 70 schools in Tehran and many other schools around the country have closed as a health measure.
Afghanistan has declared a nationwide public health emergency and closed all education institutes for three weeks. Afghanistan’s Health Minister Said Mohammad Amin Fatami says there have been 700 confirmed cases, with 273 of those among foreign soldiers stationed in the country. Eight Afghans have reportedly died so far. Fatami says Afghanistan has a laboratory in Kabul equipped to diagnose H1N1 infections and counts on this to help check the spread of the disease.
“We have all the advanced technology and lab equipment to diagnose and isolate and identify the H1N1 influenza virus,” he said. “And we are grateful to the U.S. government for providing us this support.” The Afghan Health Ministry has launched a public awareness campaign since the first case of H1N1 was detected in July.
The campaign of leaflets and television and radio advertisements emphasizes the need for people to wash their hands several times a day as the simplest and most effective thing they can do to help stop the spread of any flu virus.
- See also:
Ukraine Flu Outbreak Worries EU Neighbors!
Spanish Doctor on Engineered Viruses And Depopulation!
Reported Cases in Ukraine Double in Two Days!
Ukraine Mystery Flu Update 5 November 2009
Ukraine Flu Death Toll Rises to 81! Over 478,000 Infected and About 18,000 Will Need Intensive Care!
Ukraine Hemorrhagic Pneumonia Deaths! Belarus H1N1 Deaths Raise Concerns!
Minister Says Ukraine Flu Epidemic To Create Emergency in Hungary!
2nd Generation Killer-Flu Tested in the Ukraine ?
WHO Targets Hemorrhagic H1N1 Cases in Lviv Ukraine! Has it Spread to Belarus?
Panic in Ukraine Over Mystery Flu!
Ukraine Mystery Flu OutBreak!
Has Baxter International Released a Biological Weapon in Ukraine?
Ukraine: What Deadly Virus is Gripping the Nation? Pneumonic Plague? Typhus ? Ebola?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Societal and economics observer and commentator with an endtimes, future history perspective. Follow me at Twitter: socioecohistory
- Ralph Schoenman: US Seeks a Bloody Proxy War in Syria!
- Washington Gets Explicit: Its ‘War on Terror’ is Permanent !
- Peace, Propaganda & The Promised Land ! How the US Mainstream Media Lie About The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict!
- Ilan Pappe on “The Nakba of Palestine”! The Genocide & Ethnic Cleansing of Palestinians by Zionist Israel !
- EU Decision to Lift Syrian Oil Sanctions Boosts Jihadist Groups Affiliated with Al-Qaeda!
TagsBailout Bankruptcy China Collapse corruption Crime Currency Devaluation ethnic_cleansing Eurozone Fascism FederalReserve Fraud Gaza genocide Gold GreatDepression Greece Hyper-inflation Illuminati Iran Israel Martial_Law Meltdown Middle_East NATO New_World_Order Obama oil Palestine Police_State propaganda Psyop Riots Russia Satan Silver Syria Terrorism Treasury Unemployment Unrest US War Zionism
- Current Membership List of The Illuminati "Committee of 300"!
- The History of the Illuminati ! The 13 Satanic Bloodlines!
- Inventor of ADHD'S DeathBed Confession: "ADHD is a Fictitious Disease"! The Short History of the Rockeller Medical Monopoly!
- Eye Of The Phoenix : Secrets Of The Dollar Bill ! The Luciferian '666' Attack On America!
- The Illuminati Council of 13 aka Grand Druid Council !
- Bill Holter: The Endgame of a Global Currency Collapse, Reboot, Revaluation of Assets & New World Financial System is Being Discussed ! When will They Pull the Trigger?
- Khazar Empire, Illuminati and New World Order