Amnesty International: Palestinians Denied Water !
- The Zionist state of Israel is at it again. Keep in mind that the Zionist state of Israel is not the Israel of the bible! The Palestinians are slowly being massacred! BBC reports:
Israel is denying Palestinians access to even the basic minimum of clean, safe water, Amnesty International says.
In a report, the human rights group says Israeli water restrictions discriminate against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank. It says that in Gaza, Israel’s blockade has pushed the already ailing water and sewage system to “crisis point”. Israel says the report is flawed and the Palestinians get more water than was agreed under the 1990s peace deal.
In the 112-page report, Amnesty says that on average Palestinian daily water consumption reaches 70 litres a day, compared with 300 litres for the Israelis.
It says that some Palestinians barely get 20 litres a day – the minimum recommended even in humanitarian emergencies. While Israeli settlers in the West Bank enjoy lush gardens and swimming pools, Amnesty describes a series of Israeli measures it says are discriminating against Palestinians:
- Israel has “entirely appropriated the Palestinians’ share of the Jordan river” and uses 80% of a key shared aquifer
- West Bank Palestinians are not allowed to drill wells without Israeli permits, which are “often impossible” to obtain
- Rainwater harvesting cisterns are “often destroyed by the Israeli army”
- Israeli soldiers confiscated a water tanker from villagers who were trying to remain in land Israel had declared a “closed military area”
- An unnamed Israeli soldier says rooftop Palestinian household water tanks are “good for target practice”
- Much of the land cut off by the West Bank barrier is land with good access to a major aquifer
- Israeli military operations have damaged Palestinian water infrastructure, including $6m worth during the Cast Lead operation in Gaza last winter
- The Israeli-Egyptian blockade of Gaza has “exacerbated what was already a dire situation” by denying many building materials needed for water and sewage projects.
The report also noted that the Palestinian water authorities have been criticised for bad management, quoting one audit that described the sector as in “total chaos”. “Water is a basic need and a right, but for many Palestinians obtaining even poor-quality, subsistence-level quantities of water has become a luxury that they can barely afford,” Amnesty’s Donatella Rovera said. “Israel must end its discriminatory policies, immediately lift all the restrictions it imposes on Palestinians’ access to water.”
- Praise be to the Messiah, the Son of God: Jesus Christ for his love for all people. For God so loved the world….. . God’s laws are loving, kind and gentle. Never about abusing, oppressing and discriminating against strangers. The commandments of God are very clear :
“You shall neither mistreat a stranger nor oppress him, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
“Also you shall not oppress a stranger, for you know the heart of a stranger, because you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
‘And if a stranger dwells with you in your land, you shall not mistreat him.
The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
‘When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field when you reap, nor shall you gather any gleaning from your harvest. You shall leave them for the poor and for the stranger: I am the LORD your God.’”
You shall have the same law for the stranger and for one from your own country; for I am the LORD your God.’”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.