John Perkins: The Secret History of the American Empire
- Why do so many countries dislike America? It isn’t that they hate Americans. This is not the case. The values Americans hold to are admired and aspired to by citizens of other countries. Values like: freedom of speech, honesty, meritocracy, standing up for the little guy and the Rambo 1 man against fascist organization, against the odds gutsy, ballsy never say die attitude.
- It is just that the American government do not exhibit any of these values. The criminal pigs in Congress have sold out the American people a long long time ago. You must understand that the major cause of wars and terrorism is the American government. Am I hitting below the belt? Watch John Perkins, the ex-economic hitman, tell it like it is.
- In Perkins book, The Secret History of the American Empire :
In his stunning memoir, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, John Perkins detailed his former role as an “economic hit man” in the international corporate skullduggery of a de facto American Empire. This riveting, behind-the-scenes exposé unfolded like a cinematic blockbuster told through the eyes of a man who once helped shape that empire. Now, in The Secret History of the American Empire, Perkins zeroes in on hot spots around the world and, drawing on interviews with other hit men, jackals, reporters, and activists, examines the current geopolitical crisis. Instability is the norm: It’s clear that the world we’ve created is dangerous and no longer sustainable. How did we get here? Who’s responsible? What good have we done and at what cost? And what can we do to change things for the next generations? Addressing these questions and more, Perkins reveals the secret history behind the events that have created the American Empire, including:
• The current Latin-American revolution and its lessons for democracy
• How the “defeats” in Vietnam and Iraq benefited big business
• The role of Israel as “Fortress America” in the Middle East
• Tragic repercussions of the IMF’s “Asian Economic Collapse”
• U.S. blunders in Tibet, Congo, Lebanon, and Venezuela
• Jackal (CIA operatives) forays to assassinate democratic presidents
From the U.S. military in Iraq to infrastructure development in Indonesia, from Peace Corps volunteers in Africa to jackals in Venezuela, Perkins exposes a conspiracy of corruption that has fueled instability and anti-Americanism around the globe. Alarming yet hopeful, this book provides a compassionate plan to reimagine our world.
- See also :
John Perkins: The CIA & Chiquita Inc Engineered Coup in Honduras?
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man – John Perkins
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.