35 States to Feds: Stay in D.C.!
- The secessionist movement is catching on. More states are declaring their sovereignty. WorldNetDaily reports :
A movement to reclaim for states all rights not specifically designated to the federal government in the U.S. Constitution is exploding across the nation, with 35 states already acting or at least considering such proposals – and one state lawmaker estimating the nation as a whole could save $11 trillion in coming years if it would succeed.
WND reported not long ago when the number of states with lawmakers considering such sovereignty efforts reached 20. Now, according to the Tenth Amendment Center, such provisions have been launched in at least 35 states. They all address the Tenth Amendment that says: “powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
South Carolina’s S. 424 is an example. It is titled: “To affirm South Carolina’s sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution over all powers not enumerated and granted to the federal government by the United States Constitution.”
Essentially it’s a reminder that the United States is made up of individual states; it’s not a federal authority broken up into political subdivisions.
Get “Taking America Back,” Joseph Farah’s manifesto for sovereignty, self-reliance and moral renewal
In South Carolina, the proposals remains pending in the state Senate, where Sen. Lee Bright said he still hopes that it will be adopted this year. The proposal there notes specifically that the “federal government was created by the states … to be an agent of the states,” and the states currently “are treated as agents of the federal government,” many times in violation of the Constitution.
Bright told WND the movement is spreading from state to state as fast as lawmakers discover it. Michael Boldin, a spokesman for the Tenth Amendment Center, said his organization has created a posting for all such proposals to be tracked.
Among the states where such proposals at least have been considered are Louisiana, Colorado, Wisconsin, Illinois, West Virginia, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Nevada, Oregon, Alabama, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Idaho, New Mexico, South Dakota, Virginia, Kentucky, Alaska, Indiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, Minnesota, South Carolina, Georgia, Kansas, Texas, New Hampshire, Missouri, Iowa, Montana, Michigan, Arizona, Washington and Oklahoma.
In North Dakota, it passed the House and Senate both in April, with the House a short time later adopting changes made by the Senate. In South Dakota, it was approved by both houses of the Legislature and under that state’s rules does not need the governor’s signature.
Just last week, Rep. M.J. “Manny” Steele, a Republican in South Dakota, wrote that he believes up to $11 trillion is being wasted in the coming years by Washington’s efforts “to duplicate and micromanage our states’ affairs.”
He said states should manage their own affairs and not be dependant on a federal cash cow to make ends meet. Likewise with industries, he said, citing federal cash dumps on the banking, insurance and automobile industries.
After all, he agreed, with enough federal money allocated to the industry, Americans all still could be listening to 8-track tapes in their cars, but would that really be the best outcome?
Steele told WND his dollar estimate was based on what President Obama himself has allocated in the coming years to spend on stimulus packages, industry bailouts and the like. “If we would just let the market take care of these things,” he said.
His letter noted that Alaska, Georgia, Idaho, Missouri, North Dakota, Oklahoma and South Carolina legislatures joined South Dakota’s in passing some statement on the Tenth Amendment this year. The results vary based on state procedures, however. In Oklahoma, the governor vetoed the plan and it was launched on its second trip through the legislature.
“Over the course of decades, there have been increasing federal mandates and acts designed to effectively step in and legislate the affairs of our various states from Washington D.C.,” Steele said. “Federal usurpation into state affairs severely limits the ability of state governments to operate according to their citizens’ wishes.”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Societal and economics observer and commentator with an endtimes, future history perspective. Follow me at Twitter: socioecohistory
- Top Aviation Body Asks Why MH17 Flew Over War-Torn Eastern Ukraine!
- Holodomor Ukraine 1933 (the Real Holocaust) ! The Killing of 10 Million Christians by the Jewish Bolsheviks Under Joseph Stalin 1932-1933 in Ukraine!
- Dr. Paul Craig Roberts: World War Is Coming!
- Gregory Mannarino: High Probability Of A Large US Military Buildup In Ukraine Right Now!
- Central Bankers Continually Pushing War As The Economy Falters!
- Brother Nathanael (Jew): Israel’s Decades Old Plan To Obliterate Gaza!
- Whistleblower: NSA Has Scrapped The Constitution!
- Illuminati Elites Dream Of Ebola Extermination Campaign!
- Insider: NSA Running Govt !
- GRAPHIC: Children Killed in Missile Attack on Gaza Refugee Camp!
- IDF Reservist: ‘Militarized Israeli Society Encourages to Kill More’!
- Erasing Gaza? Israel Shell Hits Another UN School !
- Grounbreaking Research: Scientist Terminated for Proving Dinosaurs and Humans Walked the Earth Together!
- Obama: Your Children Must Kill Them for Us!
- Admitted Liar Claims Russia Is Shooting Artillery Into Ukraine!
- The Shocking Reason Putin Isn’t Worried About The $50 Billion Yukos Ruling! “There is a War Coming in Europe! Do You Really Think This Matters?”
- “V” the Guerrilla Economist: The Emerging Satanic ‘666’ System, Dollar Collapse by 2015, End of America by 2017, NAU, Global Financial Meltdown ….
- Palestinian Child: Please Save Us from the Israeli Monster!
- A Refreshingly Open Call for Ethnic Cleansing of Palestinians from an Israeli Deputy Speaker!
- Israel Guilty of Ethnic Cleansing and Apartheid, Says UN Rapporteur!
9/11 Apartheid Bailout Bankruptcy Bible China CIA Collapse corruption Crime Currency depopulation Devaluation ethnic_cleansing EU Eugenics Europe Eurozone Famine Fascism FederalReserve Flu_Pandemic Fraud Gaza genocide Germany Global_Warming Gold GreatDepression Greece Hyper-inflation Illuminati Iran Iraq Israel Japan Libya Martial_Law Meltdown MIC Middle_East MSM NATO Nazi Nephilim New_World_Order nuclear Obama Occult oil Palestine Police_State propaganda Psyop Riots Russia Satan Saudi_Arabia Silver stock_Market Syria Terrorism Treasury Turkey UFO UK Ukraine UN Unemployment Unrest US Vaccine War weather Zionism
- The History of the Illuminati ! The 13 Satanic Bloodlines!
- Current Membership List of The Illuminati "Committee of 300"!
- Is the Star of David a Jewish or Biblical Symbol? Or An Occult Satanic Symbol?
- Albert Einstein Letter to The New York Times. December 4, 1948: Protesting Against Zionist Terrorist Leader Menachem Begin and the Genocide of Palestinians!
- Professor Noam Chomsky (Jew): "It is Not a War. It is Murder"! The Genocide of Palestinians by Zionist Israel !
- Six Jewish Companies Control 96% of the World’s Media!
- The Next False Flag "We're Coming For You, Barack Obama"! Is The White House The Target Of The Next Terrorist Attack?