Paul C. Roberts – From One Assault on the Constitution to Another !
- Paul Craig Roberts a former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury and former associate editor of the Wall Street Journal, has been reporting shocking cases of prosecutorial abuse for two decades. A new edition of his book, The Tyranny of Good Intentions, co-authored with Lawrence Stratton, a documented account of how Americans lost the protection of law, has just been released by Random House.
- He writes :
The US Constitution has few friends on the right or the left.
During the first eight years of the 21st century, the Republicans mercilessly assaulted civil liberties. The brownshirt Bush regime ignored the protections provided by habeas corpus. They spied on American citizens without warrants. They violated the First Amendment. They elevated decisions of the president above US statutory law and international law. They claimed the power to withhold information from the people’s representatives in Congress, and they asserted, and behaved as if, they were unaccountable to the people, Congress, and the federal courts. The executive branch claimed the power to ignore congressional subpoenas. Republicans regarded Bush as a Stuart king unaccountable to law.
The Bush brownshirt regime revealed itself as lawless, the worst criminal organization in American history. Now we have the Democrats, and the assault on civil liberty continues. President Obama doesn’t want to hold Bush accountable for his crimes and violations of the Constitution, because Obama wants to retain the powers that Bush asserted. Even the practice of kidnapping people and transporting them to foreign countries to be tortured has been retained by President Obama.
The civil liberties that Bush stole from us are now in Obama’s pocket. Will it turn out that we enjoyed more liberty under Bush than we will under Obama? At least the Republicans left us the Second Amendment. The Obama Democrats are not going to return our other purloined civil liberties, and they are already attacking the Second Amendment.
Rep. Bobby L. Rush (D, IL) has introduced the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. As the British and Australians learned, once firearms are registered, the government knows where they are. The government’s next step is to confiscate the firearms.
Moreover, the Act would permit the government to negate Second Amendment rights by refusing to issue a license. Any parents who bequeathed family antique or historic firearms to heirs would be in violation of the act, as it bans any transfer of a firearm other than via a licensed dealer.
William Blackstone, the revered 18th century defender of liberty whose Commentaries on the Laws of England was a bestseller in colonial America, wrote that “the last auxiliary right” of free men is “having arms for their defense.” Blackstone, England’s greatest jurist, said that the right to bear arms enables the “natural right of resistance and self-preservation, when the sanctions of society and laws are found insufficient to restrain the violence of oppression.”
The Bush regime’s reversion to medieval methods of incarceration and torture are an indication that we now live in a time “when the sanctions of society and laws are found insufficient to restrain the violence of oppression.” Why do the Democrats desire Americans to be helpless in the face of oppression by the armed state? How can it be that Democrats want Americans to be free from the threat of being thrown into dungeons and locked away without a court ever hearing evidence, but are prepared to deny Americans the ability to resist such horrendous treatment should it come their way?
Americans have exercised Second Amendment rights for 234 years. Regardless of the meaning of the Second Amendment, the right of adverse possession makes gun rights final. To assault such a well-grounded right is an act of tyranny.
- I am no fan of gun ownership. I have been to many countries where guns are totally ban and the police is very effective in maintaining law and order. In these countries people trust their government to do a great job in maintaining law and order and civility. Japan, Singapore and Korea comes to mind.
- But I cannot say I have confidence in the US government at all! The fact of the matter is: the Feds have been behaving like the head of an evil empire hell bent on eating its own children. Where in the Constitution does it say Torture is acceptable? How about Detention without trial? Operation Iraqi Liberation is all about OIL. The Feds send young American soldiers to die in a needless war for corporate OIL interest! If you do not see fascism/corporatism coming, you must be living on another planet.
- Americans are waking up. States are declaring sovereignty! The latest count is 28 States Claiming / Planning Sovereignty :
All of these ‘movements’ (except for Hawaii) are explicit restatements of what has always been in place, but not necessarily enforced, as detailed by the 10th Amendment. Hawaii is actually aiming for total sovereignty as it is claimed that Hawaii was never really a state of the U.S.A..
However, I believe the intent of these bills is to let the federal government know that the states’ sovereignty will not be overwritten… say in case certain gun ban laws get passed, FOCA-type laws, or other “War Time / Martial Law” type plans come into play. Check them out: link .
- The LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF IDAHO, First Regular Session 2009 (emphasis mine) :
WHEREAS, the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution does not simply provide for a collective right or a right for the states to establish militias; rather it provides for the right of the people to keep and bear arms; and
WHEREAS, the primary purpose of the right to keep and bear arms is to protect one’s self, family and possessions from either the private lawlessness of other persons or the tyranny of government; and ….
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the members of the First Regular Session of the Sixtieth Idaho Legislature, the House of Representatives and the Senate concurring therein, that members of the United States Congress cease and desist attempting to enact federal legislation impinging on the individual right of every American to keep and bear arms in any manner. Specifically, that members of Congress oppose the passage of the Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, and any similar legislation.
- See also :
Obama To Ban Gun Ownership? Attack on 2nd Amendment !
21 States Declare Sovereignty – Rise of Secessionist Movement !
Indiana Legislators Urge Feds to Cease and Desist !
Battle Brewing Between US States & Federal Government!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Societal and economics observer and commentator with an endtimes, future history perspective. Follow me at Twitter: socioecohistory
- Disabled Gazans Suffer Israeli Blockade!
- Former British MI5 Officer on False Flag Ops and 9-11 !
- Professor Noam Chomsky: Drone Strikes a Terror-Generating Machine!
- Calm Down: You Are More Likely to Be Killed By Mundane Things than Terrorism!
- As the Market Panic Demonstrates, Central Banks are Stuck on a Treadmill of Money Printing!
TagsBailout Bankruptcy China Collapse corruption Crime Currency Devaluation ethnic_cleansing Eurozone Fascism FederalReserve Fraud Gaza genocide Gold GreatDepression Greece Hyper-inflation Illuminati Iran Israel Martial_Law Meltdown Middle_East NATO New_World_Order Obama oil Palestine Police_State propaganda Psyop Riots Russia Satan Silver Syria Terrorism Treasury Unemployment Unrest US War Zionism
- New Genetic Research Confirms Koestler's "Khazar" Theory! Ashkenazi Jews Are Not The Jews of The Bible!
- The History of the Illuminati ! The 13 Satanic Bloodlines!
- Current Membership List of The Illuminati "Committee of 300"!
- Eye Of The Phoenix : Secrets Of The Dollar Bill ! The Luciferian '666' Attack On America!
- New Discovery: NASA Study Proves Carbon Dioxide Cools Atmosphere!! Global Warming is a HOAX! Carbon Dioxide is a COOLANT !
- Bill Holter: The Endgame of a Global Currency Collapse, Reboot, Revaluation of Assets & New World Financial System is Being Discussed ! When will They Pull the Trigger?
- Inventor of ADHD'S DeathBed Confession: "ADHD is a Fictitious Disease"! The Short History of the Rockeller Medical Monopoly!