The Plot to Overthrow Franklin D. Roosevelt
- This is a documentary on the Wall Street, corporate interest, plot to overthrow Franklin D. Roosevelt during the Great Depression in 1932.
- It narrates the history of the recruitment of General Smedley Butler to lead a veteran army of 500,000 to oust FDR and install a fascist dictatorship. At the heart of the quarrel between FDR and corporate America is the disagreement over the Gold Standard. Funding for the coup was to be provided by JP Morgan Bank.
- General Butler pretended to go along with these coup plotters to find out more about their organization and who the real power behind this group was. Subsequently General Butler reported the entire plot to Congress and the fascist coup came to an end.
- From Wall Street’s Plot to Seize the White House :
How is this history of relevance today?
Although all of the top U.S. fascists behind this 1930′s plot are now dead, their corporations carry on. These companies, with their roots firmly planted in the fascist milieu of the 1930s, are now among the world’s wealthiest corporations. They continue to exert enormous influence over U.S. government policies, and – by extension – over global matters of war, peace and human rights.
Although those within the highest echelons of U.S. corporate power were willing to instigate a coup to take control of the White House, their plot against FDR was called off. As it turned out, an overt fascist coup was not actually necessary to attain their goals. The fascists behind the plot did eventually succeed in regaining their long-standing influence over the White House and American politics.
President George Walker Bush’s grandfather (Prescott Bush) and great grandfather (George Herbert Walker) were among Wall Street’s ultra-right wing elite. Before WWII, they were among the key players who coordinated the flow of investments from American multimillionaires into Germany. They profited by helping to coordinate the American financing behind Hitler’s rise to power. During the war, they even profited from companies that armed the Nazi war machine and used slave labour at Auschwitz. Then, after the war, Prescott Bush was instrumental in helping to launder Nazi loot for Fritz Thyssen, who was one Hitler’s earliest and richest industrialist backers.
- See also : Bush’s Grandfather Planned Fascist Coup In America and How Bush’s grandfather helped Hitler’s rise to power .
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.